I don't know about you but 2008 flew by for our family! At the end of each year, we try to take the time to look back and see what we accomplished. Then, like everyone else, we set goals for the New Year. It's a fresh start and the future always seems brighter at the beginning of a new year.
Our family kicked off the New Year by attending a dinner and dance at our church. While Chandler and Christopher danced with all of the lovely ladies, Chris and I debated which songs were worth dancing to. Unfortunately, we are not one of those couples who are gifted in the area of ballroom dancing, although I have begged Chris to take a class with me. Maybe in 2009!
On New Year's day, we had time to reflect on our goals for the year and we are sharing them with you now so you can help keep us on task! We always try set a spiritual goal along with a temporal goal since, according to Steven Covey, we need to have balance in our lives.
Chandler -
Read the Book of Mormon
Obtain Zone qualifying times in all of his strokes (has 6 of 8 so far!)
To get all A's on next report card
Christopher -
Finish Eagle Scout project
Do act of kindness everyday & record in journal
Obtain National qualifying time in the 100 & 200 breastroke
Sophia -
Read scriptures everyday
Attend Temple with Chris at least once a month
Lose 10 lbs (I know, I have this goal every year but I am bound and determined to do it this year!)
Chris -
Finish the Old Testament
Run two 1/2 marathons, 2 marathons & a 50K
Enter and complete first triathalon in Muncie, IN in July
Family Goals:
Family Home Evening every week
Read Book of Mormon together
Do bunjee jump in Whistler, Canada
Visit family & friends!
So there they are...published! No going back now...


1 comment:
You know your last goal is my fav!
Post a Comment