Thursday, December 18, 2008

A Christmas Gift




I don't know if any gift I give my husband this Christmas will be able to match what he has given me.

My return flight from Utah was scheduled for Monday afternoon. I called Chris that morning to touch base regarding my flight schedule. He could tell by the sound in my voice that I was not quite ready to come home. He asked me if I wanted to stay another day. I looked at my brother and my precious little baby niece and how could I refuse! He called me back a few minutes later and told me that my flight had been changed to the following day.

I had a glorious 5 days with my family. First stop, after I arrived, was to meet my sister-in-law, Sydni, at Cafe Rio. That is our tradition, the first place we go when we get to Utah. My brother, Steve, and I visited with my Dad, Grandma Doris and Aunt Bonnie on Friday, had a family dinner at mom's Friday night, then Saturday called for a marathon shopping spree (3 hours to be exact) at the BYU Bookstore. How come they didn't have all that cool stuff when I was at college? It was a blizzard outside so we decided to eat at the food court at the student center. As we left, we walked past the very bus stop that Chris and I met at on the first day of school in 1991. So many great memories. I also attempted to take a picture of the "Y" on the mountain all covered in snow...can you see the "Y?"


I did not get a chance to ski but that is o.k. because I am so out of shape, it would not have been pretty. I just chilled with the family, ate at all of the restaurants that I don't have in Ohio, accomplished the majority of my Christmas shopping, visited Temple Square, toured the Conference Center, and visited with my dear friends Jill and Esther. Then, I had to figure out how I was going to get all of this stuff back home without paying a fortune in baggage fees!



I returned back to Ohio to an ice storm. My boys were waiting for me...I missed them so very much. Chris asked if I could have stayed longer and I said "not without my boys." It's just not the same without them there to enjoy it with me. Afterall, home is where ever my boys are.
So, that was Chris' Christmas gift to me...somehow, a tie and cologne just won't cut it!

1 comment:

Court said...

For Valentine's Day, I think Chris should give you a ticket to TX! ;)