The boys swabbed the lids of each of the cans and then swabbed their petri dishes where the bacteria, if found, will grow. After two days, we found what we were looking for...icky growths forming in the dishes! See sample above...
We will be taking the samples to a local hospital where a nurse has offered the equipment that helps to identify the types of bacteria. Whew! I was hoping I wasn't expected to assist with that...moms can do just about anything but that is one area in which I hope never to be an expert.
Moral to the story...if you are drinking out of aluminum cans...be sure to sanitize the lid!
Now we hope the project is good enough to get the boys to the State Science Fair! If you ask me, I think so...of course, I am biased.


1 comment:
GREAT - one more germy thing to worry about!!
Post a Comment