Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween

Chandler, Wade & Afraaz ready for their big night!

Growing up in the west, we always celebrated Halloween on October 31st. Easy enough. Well, in Ohio, each county gets to decide when to celebrate what they call "Beggar's Night." So, for some reason, our county decided that October 30th was a good day to celebrate. It has taken some time for our family to get used to this concept. The one positive...the city/county set the time that trick-or-treaters can go door-to-door, which is 6-8pm.

Over the last two weeks I stocked up on the "good" candy (you know, Reese's peanut butter cups, snickers, etc.) The word on the street is that our neighborhood is the mother load...meaning we get a ton of little witches, goblins and superheros along our street. I give out at least 400 pieces of candy and that is one piece per child (I know, pretty stingy) but I always run out!

Chandler dressed up as Jacob, the werewolf, from the Twilight book series. Christopher went to swim practice. I tried to get him to at least where a funky hat or something to practice but he wouldn't do it...he is no longer the little boy who goes along with all of mom's schemes. :(

No comments: