
Chandler the toy soldier
Saturday was the culmination of much planning, many meetings, maticulous coordination with committee members and hundreds of emails. Our family helped participate in our community's Holiday in the City annual event. I served as the Volunteer Coordinator and with over 100 volunteers, that's no small task, let me tell ya! Having that responsibility, the rest of the family was automatically required to work the event. Chris and Christopher worked Christmas Village...two rooms full of nostalgic store front Christmas villages with moving characters. Can you picture that? Chandler was recruited to be a toy soldier in the parade. Following the arrival of Santa and the parade were the grand fireworks...even better than the 4th of July because the spectators watch from right below the drop zone! We had a crowd of approximately 15,000 people and fairly decent weather, so overall, I would say it was a success!
Now, I just need to get some Christmas shopping accomplished...yikes!


1 comment:
Once again, nice work Soph!
Post a Comment