Chandler, my 10 year old, is the only one who wanted to carve pumpkins this year. So, he did his famous barfing pumpkin. You are probably asking yourself "why is she talking about carving pumpkins when Halloween is over and done with?" Well, we just retired the moldy critter today. I've been walking by the rotting gourd now for a week and just now found the time to actually pick it up and dispose of it in a way that would not be too traumatic for Chandler. O.K. So I won't be getting any Mother of the Year awards but it should be noted in the blog archives that I did in fact bake the seeds that Chandler managed to extract from the pumpkin and, boy, did they turn out delish! Boil them in salt water before you bake and they come out perfect! Oh, so maybe you already knew that...
Friday, November 7, 2008
The Barfing Pumpkin
Chandler, my 10 year old, is the only one who wanted to carve pumpkins this year. So, he did his famous barfing pumpkin. You are probably asking yourself "why is she talking about carving pumpkins when Halloween is over and done with?" Well, we just retired the moldy critter today. I've been walking by the rotting gourd now for a week and just now found the time to actually pick it up and dispose of it in a way that would not be too traumatic for Chandler. O.K. So I won't be getting any Mother of the Year awards but it should be noted in the blog archives that I did in fact bake the seeds that Chandler managed to extract from the pumpkin and, boy, did they turn out delish! Boil them in salt water before you bake and they come out perfect! Oh, so maybe you already knew that...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
It's actually kinda cute! Everyday Jake would check inside his pumpkin and find something new living or growing in it - scary!
Post a Comment