Thursday, November 13, 2008

Friendly Competition

Chris & his breakfast
Many have told me that my husband looks like Brad Pitt. Personally, I think Chris is better looking and showers more often than Mr. Pitt. Since I don't look a thing like Angelina Jolie, many people wonder how we ended up together. My husband eats tuna and oatmeal everyday for breakfast. He has a six-pack. He runs marathons. I often relate he and I to the nursery rhyme couple, Jack Sprat who could eat no fat and his wife could eat no lean. I love chocolate, brownies, cookies, muffins, Milky Way candy bars, etc, etc. You get the picture.

Well, like I 've mentioned before, we are both taking a Master's swim class at the local YMCA. He goes on MWF and I go on TTH. His practices are 1 hour long...my practices are 1 1/2 hours long. On Wednesday, Chris was doing his warm up laps (300 yards) and needed to take a little break. My good friend, Nancy, was swimming in his lane and he motioned for her to go ahead because he needed a break. This is the good part...She looks at him and says, "Your wife never takes a break." He didn't speak to her for the rest of the practice.

So, I feel I'm allowed at least one feel good moment. O.k. maybe two...

We had to swim 500 yards (timed) last week. In case you don't understand, that is a really, really hard thing to do. On Tuesday, I swam the 500 yards in under 11 minutes. On Wednesday, Chris swam it in 11:45.

I may not have a six-pack, but I am competitive. And, I knew that I could eat whatever I wanted after that accomplishment! It's all about the food...

3 comments:

The Weilers said...

You go girl! I went to a new chiropractor yesterday and told him flat out that I do NOT exercise and have a horrible diet -good luck changing me....

Anonymous said...

Go Soph!...Really, tuna for breakfast?

Court said...

Sounds like Chris is going to have to step up his game! ;)